Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dirty Harry - Unlucky Punk


Bad guy Scorpio(Andrew Robinson) takes a young boy hostage in a last attempt to escape. Harry(Clint Eastwood) pretends to be willing to surrender, then shoots Scorpio in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground. The boy escapes and Scorpio looks up to see Harry standing over him, gun drawn he recites his famous speech.

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Unlike the bank robber in the earlier scene, Scorpio tries his luck and, laughing maniacally, grabs for his gun. Before he can fire, Harry blasts him in the chest, propelling Scorpio into the water.

Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

le0pard13 said...

Great selection. I think it's worth mentioning that in this scene, as opposed to the first, Harry actually is baiting Scorpio--he bluffs the bank robber. He emphasizes the, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?", to get the reaction he wants. And in both instances, clearly, he knows what he has left in the .44 (none for the robber, and one for Scorpio).

This is one of the great and classic deaths in filmdom. Thanks for this.

Anonymous said...

my favorite scene! I love how Scorpio laughs right before he gets shot, you knew he was crazy to fuck with Dirty Harry